The Construction Project Manager will oversee and be responsible for assigned construction activities related to new construction, renovations, and various CapEx projects. The Construction Project Manager will provide oversight and evaluation of the day-to-day performance of field staff and other construction personnel to ensure compliance with company standards, policies, and procedures. This individual will be responsible for ensuring quality deliverables are on-time and within budget. Experience with commercial/industrial construction cost estimation and adaptive re-use of commercial industrial buildings required. In addition, the Construction Project Manager will assist the project team in value engineering.
- Perform commercial/industrial construction cost estimation
- Provide preliminary cost estimates for construction during the planning and keep the team apprised of cost changes during the pre-construction cycle
- Provide estimates for building shells based on company standards or tenant requirements
- Provide estimates for tenant improvements based on prototypical drawings or the landlord’s responsibility as negotiated in the lease; this function is very important to validate the feasibility of the proforma. A combination of local contractor information, personal background, and historical data is used.
- Work with design team to obtain permits as needed
- Assist project superintendent as needed to schedule inspections
- Assist design team and project superintendent to schedule and obtain a Certificate of Occupancy if it is a landlord’s responsibility
- Work with project superintendent to provide, monitor, and update a schedule that could include design, pre-construction, construction, and tenant deliveries
- Aid in adaptive re-use of commercial industrial buildings
- Evaluate construction scope, methods, techniques, and materials in order to construct the project in the most efficient and cost-effective manner that protects the design integrity of the project and the tenant requirements
- Provide administration and validation of self-performed work, subcontracts, and change orders to protect the budget
- Maintain a comparison of budgeted and actual costs
- Provide variance reports as needed
- Monitor design and construction to ensure that quality standards and expectations are met; if required, a material testing agency shall be contracted before any construction commences. Any special testing deemed necessary to protect the company’s assets such as asphalt coring, roofing, site-specific “special inspections,” etc. shall be employed.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of pertinent communication
- 5 years of Construction Project Management experience
- Experience in adaptive re-use of commercial industrial buildings
- Experience with commercial/industrial construction cost estimation
- Paid training, holidays, and vacations
- Company-sponsored 401(k)
- Benefits, including medical, dental, and life